Friday, April 27, 2012

The Cost of Following Christ

My Milk Tea moment :)
Crispy Cocoa Milk Tea with Brown Sugar Jelly is one of my favorite flavors in Happy Lemon. It is very refreshing, a good tandem for the weather. Hot and Cold. I ordered this while waiting for my honey in Megamall (we will watch 'Avengers' again) and to talk about the bible study for tomorrow. Even after this one healthy cold drink, it was still defeated by the temperature of earth (lol).

I used two illustrations from my first paragraph. One is my indulgence to the Milk tea and the second one is my addiction to the movie-Avengers. Both were earthly possessions and the desires of my flesh. Then, I've reviewed my devotion today found in Luke 9:57-62:

57 As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
58 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”
59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”
But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”
60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”
61 Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.”

 What would it cost me to follow Jesus? this is the next big question. Is it my Milk tea or my movie addiction? whatever it is, or should I say whatever are they we should be prepared to let go and just drop everything to follow Him! 


"Follow Me!"     



When i think about following Christ, this is the perfect picture on my mind (thanks google images). With so many new things coming in this generation like iPad, iPhone, DSLR, notebooks, laptop, HD tvs, etc, it is really hard to let go acquiring them knowing that these are the status quos of the world. You have to have this, you have to be like that, you have to do this...

Mr. David McCasland gave a brief explanation for this passage:
In Luke 9:57-62, we encounter three people who told Jesus they wanted to follow Him, and all received what seem to be harsh replies from the Lord: “The Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head” (v.58). “Let the dead bury their own dead” (v.60). “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God” (v.62).

"For each person, Jesus stated the sacrifice and commitment required to become His disciple." He added.

The follower of Jesus has NOT EARTHLY SECURITY; NO EARTHLY TIES; and NO EARTHLY DISTRACTIONS.

Jesus said to the first man: “COUNT THE COST”. He said to the second man: “LEAVE IT BEHIND”. And He said to the third man: “DON’T LOOK BACK”.

What’s He saying to YOU tonight?!

No comments:

Post a Comment