Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy 'spiritual' Mother's day!

"Belated happy Mother's day!" a very late greeting from me. lol. Yes its been a while since the last time i wrote here.(I miss my blog!) since i was super late with my post on what's happening to me for the past few days, it only justifies that my topic is also a late event. Its better late than never, as we always use as an excuse.

Sunday, May 14, 2012. I am honestly was frantic on this day, because we will have our second meeting for (Singcon) and I have no idea if Shyam will appear in our bible study and Connect meeting at church, well this was another excuse of me, saying I simply forgot that it was a MOTHER'S DAY. I missed dating my mom or anyone of my friend who is a mother. I prayed to the Lord about my family, but looking at the attendees (GCFers) all of them were composed of Moms and daughters joyful about their plans for their mom.

I looked a picture in my mind my schedule on that day...FULLY BOOKED! No time to even call your own mother. The church service started and since it was another reminder that it was mother's day, it was starting to really go through me. I thank the Holy Spirit for keeping me composed as the preaching went on. Pastor Larry sermonized 'A Picture of a Godly Mother' the passage is on Exodus 2: 1-10

The Birth of Moses

Now a man of the house of Levi married a Levite woman, and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months. But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile. His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him.
Then Pharaoh’s daughter went down to the Nile to bathe, and her attendants were walking along the river bank. She saw the basket among the reeds and sent her slave girl to get it. She opened it and saw the baby. He was crying, and she felt sorry for him. “This is one of the Hebrew babies,” she said.
Then his sister asked Pharaoh’s daughter, “Shall I go and get one of the Hebrew women to nurse the baby for you?”
“Yes, go,” she answered. And the girl went and got the baby’s mother. Pharaoh’s daughter said to her, “Take this baby and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the baby and nursed him. 10 When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh’s daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses,[a] saying, “I drew him out of the water.”

I really loved the story and the the explanation of how unconditional Jochebed ( Moses' mom) loves him.
And how Moses  became so godly. pastor Larry reiterated that the prize of being a godly mother is having a godly sons/daughters.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! photo by Rajsh ;)

I was delighted about the message. and as always the church surprised the mothers for a simple yet beautiful rose!  And the most exciting part was, even those women who are praying to disciple someone was included as part of spiritual mothers! and since it is not secret to our Lord that i am really do praying for this specific person, it was again a divine moment to agree that i am really praying for it. I was one of those woman who had a rose with them enjoying the look of being a spiritual mom. It really brings joy to my heart. I just give  all the glory to the Lord because He again gave me an escape from a possible heart fracture towards my circumstance.

2 comments:

  1. Uy, thanks dear for using my pictures and giving credits! :) praise God for this day... I have a blog entry for mother's day pero hindi ko pa palang nagagawa kasi walang time! Hahahaha! :) mwuah!

    ReplyDelete